Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Page 28
Page 29
Page 30
Page 31
Page 32
..F2016 ... for skincare products to be labeled organic ... only 70 percent of the ingredients used have to be certied organic. FACIAL CREAMS TONERS SCRUBS SOAPS PEELS and the list could honestly go on. It amazes me how much we will spend in the name of better skin or clear skin but is what we are purchasing safe Its a harmless assumption to believe that the FDA regulations govern how our products are labeled right Wrong Did you know that in the US cosmetic companies are not regulated to include everything that is included in your facial products In fact in order for skincare products to be labeled organic that only 70 percent of the ingredients used have to be certified organic. That leaves an incredible 30 percent filled with synthetic chemicals toxins and fra- grances which are all linked but not limited to skin issues cancers birth defects and hormonal imbalances THE TRUTH ABOUT SKINCARE The skin is the largest organ we have and it is extremely permeable. Certain chemicals and toxins invade the skin in high amounts. The skin behaves more like a sponge than a barrier. Ive included some of the most common syn- thetic chemical and toxins added to some of the most popular skincare products despite their harmful capacity. Simple DIY Skincare Tricks By Jackie Learmond Phthalates A plasticizer chemical and hormone disruptor linked to breast cancer and early puberty in girls. Triclosan A pesticide that can affect the bodys hormone systems especially thyroid hormones and may disrupt normal breast development. Parabens A group of compounds used as an antifungal agent and preservatives are absorbed through the skin and have been through biopsy samples linked to breast tumors. FragranceperfumeBecausetheyreconsidered trade secrets fragrances fall into an enormous loophole where cosmetic and skincare companies are not required to acknowledge the several chemicals used to create that scent. Some of these chemicals include formaldehyde and 14-dioxane. Petrolatum Mineral oils and paran are all petroleum byproducts and have no business on your face much less your body. Heres my skincare GOLDEN RULE What you put IN your body shows through to the outside what you put ON your skin will affect it inside The more we know the better we can care for ourselves. And the best way to knowwhatgoesintoourskincare products is to make it ourselves. Thats right So with all that being said Ive included some really amazing do-it-yourself at home simple skincare tricks.